Friends of Family Planning works in partnership with Health Imperatives.
Who does The Clinic serve?
The Clinic operates on Martha’s Vineyard
ALL PEOPLE, ALL AGES.
Health Imperatives (The Clinic) serves our entire community in ages ranging from under 15 to over 55. 46% of the patients served are between 20 and 29 and 16% are teens.
How do clients pay?
The Clinic never denies medical treatment for the inability to pay. It accepts public and most private insurance. If you do not have insurance, your cost is based on a sliding fee scale according to your family size and income.
What are some of the things Health Imperatives (The Clinic) offer on the Island?
- Gynecological Exams, Breast Exams and Self-Exam Education,
- Pap Smear & Pap Test; Follow-up, Screening for Anemia, High Blood Pressure & Diabetes,
- Rapid HIV Testing, Counseling, Risk Assessment, Education & Referrals.
- IUD procedures that can be effective birth control for up to 10 years.
- Oral Contraceptives (“The Pill”)
- Orthro Evra Patch (“The Patch”)
- Implanon (Single Rod)
- Depo Provera (“The Shot”)
- Fem Cap
- Vaginal Contraceptive Film, Foam, and Jelly
- Nuva Ring
- Vasectomies available by referral
- Testing, Education, and Treatment for Sexually Transmitted Diseases, Urinary Tract Infections, and Common gynecological problems
- HIV prevention (PrEP and nPEP),
- STI testing and treatment including Hepatitis C,
- Cancer Screening,
- WIC and nutritional Counseling
- Exams for all genders